Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ramblings

- Today I feel so large.  Everything feels tight and constricted and it's giving me anxiety.  I'm not comfortable sitting.  I can't stand for my job.  And let's face it, almost 20 weeks pregnant I don't want to stand for my job longer than a few minutes anyways.  The beginning of the week I was feeling so zen about my size.  I was okay with it, marveling in it.  But today? If I'm being completely honest, I'm terrified to get any bigger.  Does anyone else suffer that fear?  Is it just some selfish indication of myself? I don't know.  But I do know I'm uncomfortable and not liking it.  I'm sincerely hoping that its because I wore my black Tummy Sleeve today instead of the white one.  I rarely wear it and I notice it's a tad tighter than the white one feels.  So perhaps I just need to break it in and this constricting feeling would go away.

- I forgot to mention yesterday in my Symptoms for 19 weeks sinus headaches and heart burn.  The sinus headaches are a bit out of control.  To the point that they progress into migraines.  The temperatures are currently ranging from negatives to single digits and that's not helping the headache situation.  I've contemplated a humidifier but I'd need two or just one that travels.  Either way the expense isn't something I can sacrifice right now.  The heart burn usually comes on around the afternoon and lasts well into the evening.  Usually I sip on ginger ale, attempting to calm it down even the slightest.  Milk works as well but then I suffer nausea.  I'm just not sure which is worse.

- Currently or maybe just lately I've been a bitch.  I don't know what it is, but my snarky, sarcastic nature is on overdrive.  Like watch out, you might get your head bit off.  It's not an attractive trait and I'm working on correcting this.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  The grouchier I am, the less people want to talk to me.  This could be a win win ?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have good reason to feel frustrated- and being a snarky bitch can always be blamed on hormones- live it up! ;-) In all seriousness I think we all have off days and sometimes weeks. Our bodies, emotions and personal lives are going through a lot. Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes. And it doesn't help that my students won't stop touching my stomach. Or saying things like, "Mrs. C, yo face is getting kinda thick!" Hm, thanks...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha this just made me giggle out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should invest in a good pair of maternity pants. I feel like I am worlds more comfortable in a pair of over-the-tummy maternity pants than any others that I attempt to wear... even my leggings. Life just feels more forgiving in maternity pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been tempted. I honestly just have days that I'm so much more uncomfortable than normal. So I don't want to buy a pair until I'm bigger.

    ReplyDelete