Monday, January 20, 2014

Old Wives Tales, Gender

I thought this would be fun since our gender reveal is next week.  And I believe Mrs Clawson's gender reveal is this week? So this will be fun for a few of us! 

Highs & Lows
 If you're carrying high, they say you're having a girl. If you're carrying low, it's a boy. 
The result: boy
I certainly feel like I'm carrying low.  But then again, I'm not entirely certain? This is my rough estimate lol 
 
Heart Rate
 According to legend, 140+ beats/minute indicates a girl, below 140 beats/minute indicates a boy.
The result: girl
(At my last checkup the heart rate was 155 beats/minute.)
 
Sweet or Sour 
If you're craving sweets, break out the pink. If you're cravings are more salty/sour, break out the blue.
The result: boy OR girl
With my nausea in the beginning I was all about the sour because it helped.  Now as I'm on Zofran full time, I love either sweet or sour.  
 
Chinese Birth Chart
(you can find a chart here)
An ancient method that uses the age of the mother & month she conceived to determine the gender.
The result: girl
 
Mayan Rule of Evens & Odds
Apparently the Mayans determined a baby's gender by looking at the mother's age at conception & the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even & one is odd, it's a boy.
The result: boy
(I was 26 years old at conception and the year is 2013-- an even and an odd number)
 
Acne Indicator
The belief that girls steal their mother's beauty leads to this theory.
Lots of annoying acne? Thank your little lady. Little to no acne? Way to go little boy!
The result: girl
Oh man, the first trimester I felt like I was 16 all over again.  It was awful.  Rash like and I still have scars.  :( 
 
Put A Ring On It
Suspend your wedding ring on a string (or some say a piece of your own hair) over your belly.
If it swings back & forth, you've got a little girl. If it swings in a circle, you're growing a boy.
The result: 
lol I'm at work and this will have to wait til later.  
 
Morning Sickness
The belief that if you suffer from a lot of morning sickness, you're having a girl.
If you don't have much, you're having a boy.
The result: girl
I'm taking Zofran, a prescription medicine for nausea twice a day and have since my first OB appointment when I begged, pleaded, cried for relief.  
 
Let's tally those up:
It's a boy: 2
It's a girl: 5
 
 
I'm interested to see how everyone else fairs with this.  Pretty soon, I'll be able to know for certain

3 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes!!! :D Prepare for the SADDEST post ever if baby doesn't cooperate...hahaha. I love all of these tests! How fun :) Definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah I was thinking the same darn thing. We have our gender reveal the following night with family so the kid better show the goods!

    ReplyDelete