Thursday, January 2, 2014

16 weeks

I'm going to title this as 16 weeks even though I'm 16 weeks and 2 days as of today.  The picture is legit from 16 weeks on the day.  I try to take my pictures in the morning to have a more accurate "bump" example.  And usually I remember only because this app I downloaded CineMama reminds me.  You take a daily photo and at the end of your pregnancy it creates a video of your bump along the way.  The bump is there, not too obvious but there. Towards the end of the day, he or she is poppin'

So for my New Year's Resolution, I'd like to put more effort into blogging.  And to get that sucker going I'm going to insert the used and abused bump update form.

How far along? 16 weeks (as of 12/31/2013)
Maternity clothes? Nope.  Although I can see my days are numbered in my regular jeans without a hair tie or other assistance.

Stretch marks? Not on the belly.  I feel as though my boobs will suffer the most from this! lol

Sleep: Off and on.  I try not to use my Unisom as much and on those nights that I don't, I sleep a solid 4 hours or so, and then am up down the rest of the night.  Yet, I don't feel exhausted?

Movement: Nothing yet.  I can't wait for this.  Which is so odd for me.  When my sister was pregnant with both of her sons, it completely freaked me out what was going on with her body.  Now that it's my turn, I have begun to understand the miracle and excitement that surrounds feeling your little one move. I can't wait!

Food cravings: Nothing that is immediately, have to have right this damn second kind of urgency.  I have started to slowly introduce meat back into my life.  I'm not saying that the thought doesn't still turn my stomach, but I can't handle being an amateur vegetarian much longer.  So far, so good.  I eat a lot of pickles.  I don't necessarily crave them, but I enjoy them and its a good snack food for me. I'm back to drinking water during the day.  Trying to get my 8 glasses in is difficult some days, but I give a go.  I use those flavor enhancers every time though.  Plain water gives me heartburn.  Yes.  Seriously.  Whodathunkit?

Gender: Not sure.  We should know towards the end of January, beginning of February, depending on when we can get our ultrasound scheduled! I was so torn on this and thought I didn't want to know.  The husband was pretty adamant to find out so now I'm getting more excited.  I think knowing the gender will give me a little more push that I need to realize there really is a baby coming in 2014!

Baby is: About the size of an avocado.
Best moment this week: Last night my brother in law gifted me with wooden letters, spelling out Pickles (the baby's nickname) he made himself.  It was such a special moment for me.  My PopPop, the greatest man that ever lived was really into wood crafting and this is something he would've done for me, would he still be living.  It made my heart swell to know that my brother in law and my husband are such crafty individuals like my Pop and I look forward to the crafts they make in the coming years.

Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender and feeling movement in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment