Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gender Reveal

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Thursday, January 30th.  The tech was kind enough to shut off the screen when she looked for the gender and printed out a picture with the "goods" on display, marked It's a Girl! The picture was placed in an envelope and I took that envelop to the florist, along with a big cardboard box.  

Some things from the ultrasound.  Baby's legs were measuring 3.2 cm.  My mom kept saying how long they look but when you put it into actual measurements, it doesn't seem so big anymore.  Baby was also folded up like a chair! She had her feet touching her head almost the entire time.  And very visibly could be seen bouncing on mama's bladder.  Cute kid.  I'm a little disappointed that my husband was unable to attend.  He didn't come to the first ultrasound either and I think seeing it in person can give a whole new perspective.  Both time's work came first, being that it's winter and we've avoided a long lay off for most of the season, it's important that he work as much as he can.  Hopefully I can schedule our 3D ultrasound to be on a Saturday since that will be done at an outside service.  

Pictures!

ImageAt this point I can tell that there's pink balloons in the corner, hence  my goofy grin.

Image

 

Image

 

Image

Image

 

I mentioned before that the tech gave us a picture of the "goods"  This is a picture of my husband and my friend's husband over analyzing the goods, trying to figure out just what exactly was being displayed.  It took a long time before they realized they were in fact looking at little lady's hoo ha and then they were both extremely embarrassed. 

Image

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! So much joy on your faces, it's wonderful! AND I am laughing so hard at how intently they are looking at your daughter's hoo ha! Poor guys... Congrats again and so happy you shared these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be so awesome to show your daughter some day! She can see how much joy she brought y'all before she even entered the world!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete