Tuesday, February 11, 2014

22 Weeks

How far along? 22 weeks (as of 2/11/2014)

Gender: GIRL 

Maternity clothes? Not exactly.  The hair band and Tummy Sleeve to keep my regular jeans in circulation, the zipper doesn't always make it up half way.  For the most part I'm still rotating my regular clothes.

Stretch marks? [Repeat] Not yet. Fingers crossed.  Although, I will say - if I could've told my younger self to get that crescent moon tattoo just a few inches to the left, it would save me the heart break of watching it slowly turn into a full moon currently.  ha!

Sleep: [Same] Off and on.  I never had a regular sleep before pregnancy so I’m not surprised by this.

Movement: Yup! Nothing regular or definite feeling quite yet.  When I'm sitting or laying flat is when I can feel her the most.  The other morning at church, I told my mom it felt like she was burping it I was feeling the ripple affect.  I know, I'm great with words!

Food cravings: These come and go.  Nothing is a permanent fixture for long.  But it seems that when I do have cravings its in the middle of a snow storm.  This week was spinach and artichoke dip.  Yum.  But once I had it, that was enough.  I haven't craved it since.  


What I Miss? Tanning.  I am normally a person that tans year round. I know it's bad for me, but it's my vice in life.  And right now, my pale skin is getting to me.  I use Jergen's Natural Glow to keep somewhat of a color but oh man, it's just not the same.  Energy to do simple tasks.  Running the vacuum is exhausting.  Is that just me?

Symptoms? Heartburn occasionally.  Continuous stuffy nose.  I don't think I've mentioned this in any of my previous bump updates but it's been none stop since I got pregnant.  Back pain is back and I've contemplated weekly chiropractor appointments.  It's pretty intense.  The nausea returned with the back pain.  Some days are good and I can get away with just one pill if none at all.  Other days are bad and I'm taking both pills and going to bed as early as possible just to get that day over with.  I've also noticed a little swelling in my lower legs.  My socks are getting a little tight and leaving those imprints.  I imagine it doesn't help that I sit at my desk job all day.  And then in the car for 3 hours of the day for my commute.
Best moment this week:  Painting the nursery! The husband called about the floors the other day so that project will be under way soon. I can't wait to have actual items IN the room.


Looking forward to: Finishing the baby's room.

1 comment:

  1. I get so exhausted with small task . I feel lazy and out of shape , but just keep myself reminded that someone is taking all my energy !!! Ah !

    ReplyDelete