Monday, February 17, 2014

23 Weeks

How far along? 23 weeks (as of 2/18/2014)

Gender: GIRL 

Maternity clothes?  The hair band and Tummy Sleeve to keep my regular jeans in circulation, the zipper doesn't always make it up half way.  For the most part I'm still rotating my regular clothes. Although I will say that we're getting to the point that I can no longer hide the belly.  I still had a few shirts that were big enough to give a little bit of an illusion.  Those shirts no longer leave anything to imagination.  I've read bump updates in the past and had noticed a trend of women wearing their husbands' shirts.  I always giggled but I find that this may just be my future self on the weekends! 

Stretch marks? [Repeat] Not yet. Fingers crossed.  Although, I will say - if I could've told my younger self to get that crescent moon tattoo just a few inches to the left, it would save me the heart break of watching it slowly turn into a full moon currently.  ha!

Sleep: [Same] Off and on.  I never had a regular sleep before pregnancy so I’m not surprised by this.

Movement: Yup! Nothing regular or definite feeling quite yet.  When I'm sitting or laying flat is when I can feel her the most.  I'm ready for more regular, consistent movements. 

Food cravings: These come and go.  Nothing is a permanent fixture for long.  This week is the brown sugar pop tarts.  I use to love them as a kid and haven't had them in years.  Enter the past week of eating them none stop.  

What I Miss? Tanning.    Energy to do simple tasks.  Not getting full so quickly.  I use to be able to eat like my husband.  Now I have to pace myself

Symptoms? The normal pregnancy symptoms.  If someone asks how I'm feeling, I simply reply, "pregnant."  There's no other way to respond.  I could list off all the awesome side affects I'm dealing with, but really unless you're pregnant or been pregnant - you don't care.  lol For the record though, still taking the Zofran, sometimes twice a day, sometimes just one pill.  All depends how I'm feeling. 

Best moment this week:  I went to Wal-Mart with my mother and my goodness. She's a bad influence.  I've been trying so hard to resist any purchases until after the baby shower.  Instead, I left the store with a new outfit (her first one with a pony! Mama is so excited for horse back riding lessons and hopefully skillfully using our daughter to convince daddy we need horses in our own barn!), a diaper bag for daycare, and more diapers.  I was also able to sit with my mom and sister (who has two under 3) to finish up some items on my registry.  That made me feel so much better.  The registry was giving me some anxiety.  Originally I was getting several pieces from my sister as hand-me-downs.  However, looking forward a bit, if Steve and I are both working what we currently are, leaving the house by 5 am, she'll need to go somewhere before she can go to day care.  So the items my sister was going to give me will now be placed at my mom's house and when our schedules are messed up, mom will be able to get Charlie to daycare.  I was trying so hard to be logical and save money but I have to admit that it felt good to pick my own things.  
 
Looking forward to: Finishing the baby's room. Still on the search for cherry wood for the floors.  Still driving me nuts.  I'm not a patient person and I just want to decorate so badly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment