Tuesday, February 4, 2014

21 Weeks

How far along? 21 weeks

Gender: GIRL 

Maternity clothes? Not exactly.  The hair band and Tummy Sleeve to keep my regular jeans in circulation, the zipper doesn't always make it up half way.  I do have two maternity t-shirts from Old Navy.  I like them, but I haven't quite grown into them.  Suggestion - if you get maternity clothes, definitely check the reviews and keep in mind how you fit in their clothes otherwise.  I always buy Large at Old Navy because I prefer a little baggy to extra tight.  Well I should've gone Medium in the Maternity section.  I have several tank tops I ordered in XL and I'm debating exchanging them or maybe I'll get that big?  There's so  much unknown here and I'm not sure what to do.

Stretch marks? Not yet. Fingers crossed.  Although, I will say - if I could've told my younger self to get that crescent moon tattoo just a few inches to the left, it would save me the heart break of watching it slowly turn into a full moon currently.  ha!

Sleep: [Same] Off and on.  I never had a regular sleep before pregnancy so I’m not surprised by this.

Movement: Yes! I can finally say yes! It's this oddest feeling.  I've heard it called popcorn or butterflies but the best I can describe is this little hiccup of sorts.  It only happens one or twice at a time and it's way lower than I had thought I should be feeling movement.  But with our ultrasound, the tech showed us that little lady likes to sit real low and warm herself from mama's pee.  Again, awkward thought.  Anyways, I may be the first and last mom to say this but the movement freaks me out.  I can't help it.  I hope that I come to a point that it's this enchanting time that makes me happy and glowy.

Food cravings: I eat pretty normal.  Well, my normal.  But there are some things that get stuck in my head and I can't get it out.  This week was a vegetable stromboli, chicken patty sandwiches with just ketchup, peach ice tea, Chips Ahoy! cookies and milk - I think that's really it.  I definitely don't have the ineeditrightnow kind of emotion but its just like a song that gets stuck in your head and you can't get out.  


What I Miss? This week, I feel back in my groove.  I haven't taken a Zofran pill since Thursday last week! Hollarrrrrr .... ( I would never say that in real life but it seemed appropriate here) The heartburn is still around but without the nausea to accompany it, it's not so bad.  I have days where I feel large and in charge but I've decided those days are the days little lady is pushing against mama's waistband.  There's not other explanation for why I can't zip up my pants one day and the next day it's a whole 'nother story.

Symptoms? Heartburn occasionally.  Continuous stuffy nose.  I don't think I've mentioned this in any of my previous bump updates but it's been none stop since I got pregnant.  Took care of that back pain last week with a chiropractor appointment and now I'm on the books for every 3 weeks until birth.  I figured as much would take place because my sister was the same way.  Also, there is a point in your back where the location is for baby to be fed (this sounds so much better coming from a professional, I swear) and when cracked/put back in place - nausea reducer.  I went Wednesday night to the chiro and I haven't taken a Zofran pill for nausea since Thursday.  I'm a believer.  I'll be returning.
Best moment this week:  Husband did the oddest thing.  Up until this point, he has poked at the belly like it was a foreign object.  Which I suppose it kind of is, but it wasn't the most awesome moments.  The day after the gender reveal we had to go pick up odds and ends and daddy to be purchased some very pink, very girly clothing.  He was so excited about it.  That night too, he actually placed his hand on the tummy and told me how happy he was.  I'm super thankful that knowing the gender has helped him to attach himself more to this baby.



Looking forward to: Finishing the baby's room.  We bought our house two years ago and have slowly been remodeling room by room since.  We were lucky enough to be able to afford to do our master bedroom this year and the baby's room.  It needed the horse hair plaster ripped down, insulation put up, new walls, new floors, new paint etc.  Steve painted the primer coat on yesterday so soon enough we can paint the walls.  The floor is still a process, because he's making those himself.  Yup, my husband, jack of all trades is making our hard wood floors himself.  I got lucky ladies.  Real lucky. How little did I know when I hit on him because I liked his truck ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment