Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Writing it all down, sometimes

I read several blogs a day.  Whether I sit and binge read my list or I catch up on one or two at a time, there's a long list that awaits me each day.  I love to read blogs.  I love to read in general, but there's something so uniquely awesome about reading others' thoughts and daily livings.  I find my own self, wandering towards expressing our lives for the world wide web to view and holding back, feeling faintly scared of all the unknown.  I give great credit to those who stick it all out there for everyone to see.  I especially love the ones that hold nothing back.  They express their feelings about family, marriage, kids etc and take the hits that come with it.  I wish I could "write it all down" and walk away feeling okay about it.  Instead I worry that I'll upset someone's feelings or maybe I'm putting too much out there.  It's a game of balance and I'm usually not winning.

I often wonder if my daughter will read blogs.  If blogs will even be a "thing" when she's older.  Will she scoff at her mama for putting her picture on the internet for anyone to steal? Or perhaps she'll carry on the tradition with her own children.

I love being able to document her life, our lives in one place.  I love to type and to let the words flow to the pages.  But I also love to hand write things.  I'm contemplating starting a hand written journal.  Perhaps along side the online blog or maybe in place of, once Charlie is a year old.  At that point the monthly updates will slow down and I could write day to day things.  Years from now, she'd have my words in my hand writing.  I like the idea of that.  I still have notes that my mom wrote me years ago.  I keep notes and poems that my husband has written for me.  There's something so personal about a handwritten letter or note.  It almost allows you to touch that person, so to speak.  In a way that if they wrote this note, then they were really here.  Those memories aren't just my imagination.  The down side to a hand written journal is the lack of pictures.  And pictures really help paint the picture.  So I continue to love my online place of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment