Wednesday, May 7, 2014

34 Weeks

How far along? 34 Weeks (as of 5/06/14)

Gender: GIRL 

Maternity clothes?  I went shopping this past weekend with my mama and the intention to only get a few things.  Two bras, 7 shirts and 4 nursing tanks later - I walked out of Motherhood Maternity just a bit more in debt.  Ugh.  But truth be told, it was necessary.  The options of shirts I had was zilch.  And I needed something for my maternity pictures.  Done and done.

Stretch marks? There is one.  It goes the whole way across the belly horizontal beneath the boobs.   


Sleep: I've slowly found the right placement for the Bump Nest pillow.  I tried a night with all 5 pillows again just to be sure it's my body that's the problem and not the pillows.  I think generally I'm just going to be incredibly uncomfortable for the next few weeks.  I've debated sleeping on our couch a few times.  I can keep  my feet propped up and my upper chest to reduce the swelling in the feet and the acid reflux/heart burn I've started having at night. 


Movement: Yes.  My sister has been nicknamed Bean her entire life because my mom said she was constantly moving when she was pregnant with her.  Charlie isn't like that at all.  In fact I get the impression that Charlie is going to be a pretty calm baby.  Similar to her parents.  She's moving but she's not a bouncing bean a whole lot.

Food cravings: Random.  But thankfully haven't had too many of the musthaveitnow situations. 


What I Miss? Tanning. I'm ready to have my body back.  I'm ready to be able to take ibuprofen for my back pain and an Exlax for the constipation.

Symptoms? Pregnant!  So all of the above.  Swelling is awful.  It's my legs, my ankles, my feet.  I keep my feet propped up.  I should walk more but its hard when your job is at a desk 99% of the day.  I hate it.  They look awful and its kind of painful at times when they got real bad.
Nursery Progress:  Still need to get the dresser from my parents house.  Hopefully this weekend.


Best Moment this Week: Finished getting everything on the registry! Yay. Buying clothes that fit, thank goodness.   This coming week is crazy.  It is what I like to call my "hell week" of the year.  It starts with my brother in law's birthday, followed by my mom's birthday, then my sister's birthday.  Next up is Mother's Day, followed closely by my parent's anniversary and finished with my mother in law's birthday.  That's all from May 7th to May 16th.  Pray for my sanity to still be in tact by May 17th lol


OB Appointment: Measuring at 34 weeks, right on track.  One more two week appointment and then I'm up to every week.  And cervix checks.  Not so sure how I feel about those.   At this point I've gained what I think its 31 pounds.  Nobody has said I've gained too much or too little but I feel like I should be more careful.  That seems like so much.



Looking forward to: The next 6 weeks or so flying by! Deep down I think I'll go around 38 weeks.  I have no idea why.


Oh and ask and you shall receive.  I finally got some comments in public.

(1) At a baby shower for a girl due two weeks before me.  Her aunt was standing with me and the girl when the girl asked how I was feeling.  At the time I was hot flashing so bad and I must've made a face.  Her aunt piped right up and said, well she looks miserable and turns to her niece and says but you honey do pregnancy so well.  Shocked.  I just looked at the woman.  I had been feeling pretty good that day and didn't think I looked all that bad either.

(2) Guy that works in  our office part time came over and said "wow you look like you're ready to go soon"  I just turned to him and said I had 6 more weeks but thanks for making me feel so great about it.  He walked away quickly thank gosh.

 

1 comment:

  1. It's funny but when I saw your "34 weeks" I thought to myself...I think she could have that baby at 38...so only 4 more to go! So maybe there's some weird mommy intuition there...After your crazy 7 days you may only be down to less than 3 weeks..time sure is flying : )
    And WTH was that lady at the shower thinking? There needs to be some sort of PSA sent out nationwide of what to say to pregnant ladies and then a "and everything else- keep to yourself".

    ReplyDelete